Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tartar sauce / Tartarsaus / Sos tatarski

You wil need:
300 g good mayonnaise or less if you see that other ingredients drown
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of chopped onion (for example red)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of chopped pickled small cucumbers, spicy ones
1 tablespoon of capers, chopped if large, otherwise just drained
¼ teaspoon of Dijon mustard
fresh chopped parsley

Mix everything into a spicy and chunky sauce. Serve with seafood or meat!
My question now is: is this the same as the Norwegian remulade?
Anyone?

4 comments:

Arnfinn Pettersen said...

The same as remulade? Nope. At least not as the industrial version. Believe me, I spent half a year making remulade for Mills in 1988/89. (My first job after moving to Oslo.) Absolutely no onions in sight.

Lady Mju said...

That must have been an interesting work experience - to the process "from the kitchen"? But maybe the remulade as it should be is the tartar sauce?

In the light of my posts about tartar sauce and aioli, my next ambition kitchenwise is to make mayonnaise at home and see how it turns out.

Lady Mju said...

I meant to write "to see/observe" the process...

Anonymous said...

The kind of stuff Serbs put on everything before they are willing to eat it. Including Albanians.