Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dish of the day: chicken with apples / Danie dnia: kurczak z jabłkami

I saw the recipe in one of the newspapers and simply thought this should be good. Maybe because the couscous salad with apples is very popular in my house. I modified the original recipe slightly: skipped the bacon, used red onion instead of yellow.




You will need:
4 chicken breasts, cut
2 red apples, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 yellow pepper, diced
1 green pepper, also diced
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 medium red onion, chopped
3 teaspoons of curry spice (I know I should make it myself, but I was rather tired)
crushed black pepper
3 tablespoons of rice oil (very nice)

Heat the oil in a casserole, fry the chicken. When it turns "white" add the garlic, onion, peppers and fry some more. Add some water if needed. Add the curry spice and apples. Cook until the apples turn yellow.

I served it with brown rice cooked with black cumin.

Yummy!

No comments: