Thursday, September 18, 2008

September

The sun shines high above
The sounds of laughter
The birds swoop down upon
The crosses of old grey churches
We say that we're in love
While secretly wishing for rain
Sipping port and playing games

September's here again
September's here again


I have been rather uninspired lately - mostly foodwise. This does not mean, however, that this month has been totally uneventful in terms of food and beverages. I have tasted Pineau des Charentes (a French fortified wine) for the first time and liked it. I have made ruccola pesto twice and it turned out good at least the second time. I have eaten a delicious Tom Kha Gai with my colleagues, and then made it myself at home - the recipe and pictures will be posted this evening.






The lyrics above come form David Sylvian's opening song of "Secrets of the Beehive." album

8 comments:

MeeYun said...

Looking forward for the recipe for the soup =)
What about the recipe for ruccula pesto? That sounded interesting...

Lady Mju said...

I'll post the ruccola pesto recipe too. Only later.

Mad Mullah Hastur said...

Damn you! You're making me hungry... give me the recipe now! I want to go home and make dinner! ;-P

Arnfinn Pettersen said...

Food. I want fooooood. It doesn't even have to be human.

Good to see you back.

Lady Mju said...

What do Mad Mullahs eat for their dinners? Squid? I still remember your poast about that strange kidn of tofu. It was tofu, wasn't it?

Arnfinn: Would you like to share ther recipe for onion soup you cooked for us?

Good to stop procrastinating when it comes to easy stuff like blogging ;-)

Mad Mullah Hastur said...

Mad Mullahs shouldn't eat squid... but then again, they shouldn't eat pork either...

Tofu yeah, if you're thinking about that lovely Hufu-product. They maker has now gone underground, I did a magazine article on it a couple of months ago ;-P

Lady Mju said...

Hufu... I might have trouble sleeping tonight.

Squid, pork. You're not dogmatic then?

Mad Mullah Hastur said...

Yes! I'm mr. Dogmatic! Haven't you noticed? Cheers! ;-)