Sunday, June 21, 2009

I don't have a green thumb but...

I like the idea of growing your own food. In practice, though, this is limited to herbs such as cilantro and watercress. This year I wanted to try something new.

Today we bought tomatoes and sweet pepper - and roses as you can see...



And a pot of lovely minature basil (minette basil?) which hopefull will live longer...



I was also considering cucumbers. Any other ideas what we can grow on a balcony with a roof and windows? And what to I call such a balcony? It's not a porch, is it?

2 comments:

Dea said...

Well I have some sort of herb bed, but you can also grow all of them on a balcony. I grow basil as well, parsley,rosemary, lemon balm, peppermint, chives, but also tomatoes, pepperoni, chili and paprika. I think that cucumbers might need a bit more space as they grow really big, at least around here ;)

Lady Mju said...

Hmm, I need to take a closer look at the possibilities here. Thank you for inspiration.